Be happy, eat cake!
I made these yummy muffins for Mothers Day this year – they were sooo delicious with lots of lovely textures and flavours in there!
I recommend halving your raspberries to avoid big wet gooey bits in the cake and using good quality chocolate – not ‘cooking chocolate’ – who wants to eat that??
300g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
150g good quality white chocolate
Icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C, and line your muffin tin with cases
2. Wash your raspberries and halve them and chop your chocolates into chunks
3. Take half of your raspberries and squish them in a bowl with a fork
4. In a large bowl, sift your flour, sugar, baking powder
5. In a separate bowl, mix your butter, egg, vanilla extract, crushed raspberries and milk
6. Stir the wet mix into the dry mix
7. Fold in the raspberries and chocolate
8. Bake for around 35 minutes
9. Once they’re done, turn them out of their holes and leave on a rack to cool
10. When they’ve cooled down, lightly dust icing sugar over them.